You may not know, but a lot of us oldies are alone at Christmas for many different reasons. Social isolation can take its toll on our health and emotional wellbeing. Some of us can go more than a week without anyone to speak to and it is easy to feel that no one cares. I would like to invite you to become a Secret Santa by donating a gift through STAR, to an elderly person in your community so that they have a present to open on Christmas Day.
Let’s pull together and show that we value and want to support those who are vulnerable and alone this Christmas. Donate Now.
Hugh Cornish AM
Drop-off points for these gifts are:
- Jennifer Howard MP, 125 Brisbane Rd, Booval
- City Cave 5/260 Brisbane St, West Ipswich
- Wow Mobility 4/160 Brisbane Road, Booval
- Bridgestone Select, 5-11 Downs Street, Ipswich
- STAR office 5 Jacaranda Street, East Ipswich
- BARTONS Capalaba, 103-115 Redland Bay Road
- Bendigo Bank 127 Colburn Ave, Victoria Point
- Bendigo Bank, Corner Middle & Waterloo Streets, Cleveland
- Kim Richards MP’s office, H20/11-27 Bunker Road, Victoria Point (above the movies)
- Redland Sporting Club, Anson Road, Wellington Point
- Capalaba Library, 14 Noeleen St, Capalaba
- Cleveland Library, Corner Bloomfield and Middle Streets, Cleveland
- Victoria Point Library, 7-15 Bunker Rd, Victoria Point
- Grill’d Victoria Point, Lakeside D4, Bunker Rd, Victoria Point QLD 4165
- STAR office, Shop 15, 152 Shore Street, Cleveland
Gift suggestions: socks, coffee,vouchers, pamper hand cream, fruitcake, tea cups, crockery, household goods, non-perishable food items or anything that inspires you!
This appeal will run from 23 October to 15 December 2019 and gifts will be delivered on 20 December 2019. This appeal is part of the growing aim for STAR to engage with people who are socially isolated in the greater community. We will work tirelessly to get as many gifts to as many people as possible to make this Christmas special for someone who is alone.
Please feel free to share this information with your family or friends.
If you would like to help in any way or you know someone who would benefit from a gift, please contact Catherine Williams, STAR’s Development Coordinator on 3821 6699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org