STAR In News- In Home Help for Redlands Seniors
Most older Australians want to stay in their own homes as long as they can, staying as independent as possible and making their own decisions about their lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
With a bit of help around the house or with meals and transport, many Redlands Seniors are able to stay independently in their own homes.
Asking for extra help to stay safe, comfortable and well at home can be difficult – but with the help of Home Care Packages, you can now enjoy full control and flexibility of accessing the best possible health and care service for yourself.
What is a Home Care Package?
A Home Care Package (HCP) is a package of services to enable you to stay at home longer. From February 2017 you are able to choose your own service provider for managing your Home Care Package.
What kind of help can you get?
A wide variety of services are accessible under Home Care Packages. You can choose from
- Personal Care and hygiene assistance. Help with dressing and grooming.
- General house keeping- laundry, cleaning
- Shopping, escort to medical and social appointments
- Companionship- conversations, sharing stories and life experiences, hobbies, crafts, reading books etc
- Wellness Services- participation in walking groups, lunch clubs, yoga, reiki etc
- Services tailored to specified health needs such as dementia etc
STAR Community Services, is a registered Aged Care Service Provider, operating in Brisbane's Redlands for more than 20 years, provides fully personalised home care packages with unlimited options. Please call STAR on 3821 6699 for more information.
Where should I start?
Follow these 3 easy steps.
- Contact My Aged Care by calling 1800 200 422 or going to www.myagedcare.gov.au. You can also contact STAR Care Coordinator to help you navigate the My Aged Care system.
Eligibility for a Home Care Package is decided by a member of the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). After the assessment, the ACAT will write to you with the outcome and explain what level of Home Care Package you are eligible for.
- Find a service provider. A registered Aged Care Provider such as STAR Community Services, will allocate a Care Coordinator who will meet with you and help you determine which services most suit your care needs and budget.
- Review your Home Care Package and start accessing your services.
If you have a HCP and you would like STAR to coordinate that package for you, just give our Care Coordinator Colleen Johnston a call on 3821 6699, and she will get you started. If you don’t have a HCP and you would like to be assessed for one, Colleen can assist you with that too. We are dedicated to assisting Redlands Seniors enjoy a happy, healthy lifestyle. Visit www.starcommunityservices.org.au for more information.