STAR supports the elderly and people with disability to live independently, engage with the wider community and achieve their goals.
With the generous support of local community volunteers, we offer a wide range aged care and disability support services to ensure that the vulnerable members of our community can access affordable and reliable services such as Home Care Packages, transport, in-home help, social activities, companionship and more. We organise regular free information sessions at various locations in Brisbane to help people navigate the NDIS and Aged Care processes.
We are an advocate of inclusive communities where people of all ages and abilities have equal access to opportunities and facilities. Fighting social isolation is a key area of focus for STAR. We regularly organise programs and events to help reduce the growing problem of social isolation amongst the elderly and people with disabilities.
STAR is currently servicing the communities of Redlands, Ipswich, Darling Downs, Logan and Gold Coast.
Click on links below to read more about STAR history, mission, vision and view Annual Reports.
In 1996, the then Redlands Shire Council recognised that a large percentage of older people and people with disabilities in the Redlands did not have convenient and affordable transport services available to them. In response, the Special Transport Assistance Redlands Association Incorporated (STAR) was established.
With only ten drivers and three office staff, the aim of this community organisation was to provide a quality, affordable transport service to the local community.
STAR Community Services (previously STAR Community Transport) is now a leading not-for-profit organisation providing transport and quality care to help frail, aged and people with disabilities live a healthier, independent life.
- We provide transport and care services to nearly 10000 community members, with the support of over 180 volunteers.
- We have a fleet of 71 vehicles including owner-driver vehicles, supporting those with limited private transport options.
- To date, we've made more than 1.4 million trips to help community members overall enjoy an independent life.
- Along with CODI transport in Ipswich, we are keeping our communities moving.
- Through Volunteering Redlands we support a vibrant and growing community of volunteers.
- Our ever-expanding list of services includes NDIS and Disability Support Services, a range of aged care services including community transport, Home Care Packages, In Home Companionship Care, Respite Care, Home Maintenance, Home modifications and seniors Wellbeing care.
- In addition to Redlands, we are now servicing select suburbs in Logan, Gold Coast, Darling Downs and Ipswich.
- STAR Strategic Plan.
Delivering services that value people's unique skills, experiences and contributions, breaking down barriers to social and community inclusion.
To be known in the communities that we service for dependable client focused services that are flexible, diverse, sustainable, and innovative.
View or download a copy of STAR Constitution.
Our members support our mission to provide services that improve the quality of life for everyone in our community.
Members are entitled to attend the STAR Annual General Meeting held on the second Saturday of September each year. Financial members also have the right to vote on matters affecting the future of the organisation.
You can join anytime simply by calling our office on 07 3821 6699. The membership year is from 1st July to 30th June. The annual cost of membership is $10 per person.