Direct Support Worker
STAR Community Services is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Direct Support Workers to join our team in Ipswich, Logan & the Redlands. STAR Community Services LTD is a leading not-for-profit organisation providing transport, aged care, and disability support services to the elderly, frail, and those with disabilities. We are proud to support members of our community enjoy a healthier, independent life. We are currently servicing Redlands, Ipswich, Logan, Gold Coast & Toowoomba areas.
What you'll be doing
In this role, you will work in the community, assisting clients with light domestic support, including shopping, preparing meals, escorting to appointments, respite, social activities to support clients to remain living independently and comfortably in their own homes
What the role involves:
- Domestic services
- Personal hygiene
- Conversation and companionship
- Accompany to shopping
- Accompany to dinner or lunch in a café or restaurant
- Outdoor activities like walking
- Crafts, Scrapbooking, Knitting etc.
- Games to promote mental stimulation
- Discussion of current and historic events to help sharpen memory
- Reminiscing as an enjoyable pastime
- Record family history
- Escort to appointments and special events
- Doctor and hospital visits
- Other miscellaneous services
Benefits for joining STAR:
- Salary packaging
- Being part of a culture that makes a daily difference in people's lives.
- The opportunity to work with an extended supportive team of passionate and dedicated professionals
- A chance to be part of one of Queensland’s most well respected and recognised non-profit organisations
- Exceptional support from a proactive management team.
This position is a level 1.1 (Working Towards Certificate III) paying $32.67 OR level 2.1 (Certificate III) paying $36.39 per hour under the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010;
Key Selection Criteria:
- Ability to work effectively with clients, volunteers and staff.
- Demonstrated good communication skills, great customer service and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality services underpinned by continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within a team environment to support the provision of high quality services to clients. Assume responsibility for making decisions in accordance with clear and established Procedures and Work Instructions in a client-focused environment.
To apply for this role, email your letter of application, Key Selection Criteria & resume to email@example.com.
Please note: No more than 300 words per selection criteria is required and must be addressed before applications can be accepted.