STAR Community Services is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Domestic Assistant to join our team in Ipswich, Logan & the Redlands. STAR Community Services LTD is a leading not-for-profit organisation providing transport, aged care, and disability support services to the elderly, frail, and those with disabilities. We are proud to support members of our community enjoy a healthier, independent life. We are currently servicing Redlands, Ipswich, Logan, Gold Coast & Toowoomba areas.
What you'll be doing
The purpose of the position is to undertake a wide range of domestic tasks for individuals who choose to remain in the comfort and security of their own homes and to help them live as independent and active lives as possible by supporting them in an enablement focussed way. The tasks you undertake will be agreed by the service user and the Care Coordinator once they have assessed the service user’s requirements.
Domestic Support Workers will be responsible for ensuring that service users homes are kept in a clean, hygienic and homely condition according to individual needs and wishes and in a manner that is reflective of STAR’s community Services’ values of respect, dignity and empowerment.
What the role involves (but not limited to):
- General domestic cleaning and tidying
- Provide sorting assistance to the “Assistance Care and Housing” program
- Washing floors and other surfaces
- Vacuuming and dusting
- Emptying of domestic rubbish bins
- Cleaning bathrooms, toilets, kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms and hallways.
- Changing bedding
- Internet Shopping or Client Shopping (ONLY WHERE SPECIFIED)
- Any reasonable task requested by the client or STAR Service Planning and Delivery team
Benefits for joining STAR:
- Salary Packaging
- Being part of a culture that makes a daily difference in people's lives.
- The opportunity to work with an extended supportive team of passionate and dedicated professionals
- A chance to be part of one of Queensland’s most well respected and recognised non-profit organisations
- Exceptional support from a friendly team
Key Selection Criteria:
- Ability and willingness to work in a diverse range of settings including but not limited to a person’s home or place of residence
- Demonstrated ability to establish a professional working relationship with clients that is supportive, encouraging and challenging
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality domestic services in the areas of cleaning, underpinned by continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and organise one’s own time and achieve tasks
To apply for this role, email your letter of application, Key Selection Criteria & resume to email@example.com.
Please note: No more than 300 words per selection criteria is required and must be addressed before applications can be accepted.