Registered Nurse - Community
STAR Community Services is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Registered Nurse to join our team in Cleveland. STAR Community Services LTD is a leading not-for-profit organisation providing transport, aged care, and disability support services to the elderly, frail, and those with disabilities. We are proud to support members of our community enjoy a healthier, independent life. We are currently servicing Redlands, Ipswich, Logan, Gold Coast & Toowoomba areas.
What you'll be doing
The purpose of the position is to provide nursing care and leadership, support and guidance to other care staff in the provision of quality care based on assessed client’s needs that promotes quality of life and enhances the ability of individuals to maintain their independence and remain within their home in the community, ensuring our clients receive the best possible service
What the role involves:
- Ensure client care is assessed, planned and implemented, and progress is evaluated in accordance with Policies and Procedures and takes into consideration each client’s physical, social, emotional, spiritual and clinical needs
- Develop, implement, monitor and review care plans to meet clients health care needs and to promote quality of life.
- Promote a consultative and collaborative approach to client care planning, and actively including participation by the client and/or the client’s representative
- Ensure all reported changes or concerns in client conditions are acted upon and documented appropriately. All documentation is completed to meet relevant standards and audit requirements
- Provide nursing care within the scope of clinical practice
- Education and Training of staff, clients and families as deemed appropriate
- Delegate, monitor and review personal care given by other staff in accordance with scope of clinical practice
- Deliver quality, person-centric customer service
Benefits for joining STAR:
- Salary Packaging
- Being part of a culture that makes a daily difference in people's lives.
- The opportunity to work with an extended supportive team of passionate and dedicated professionals
- A chance to be part of one of Queensland’s most well respected and recognised non-profit organisations
- Exceptional support from a proactive management team.
- This position is a level 3.1 paying $34.50 per hour under the Nurses Award 2020;
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated previous experience in case management and care planning in a community setting
- Proven Strong assessment, clinical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within a team environment to support the provision of high quality services to clients. Assume responsibility for making decisions in accordance with clear and established Procedures and Work Instructions in a client-focused environment
- Proven ability and willingness to support a culture of safety, legislative compliance, quality and continuous improvement.
To apply for this role, email your letter of application, Key Selection Criteria & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: No more than 300 words per selection criteria is required and must be addressed before applications can be accepted.