STAR Community Services is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Roster Officer to join our team in Cleveland. STAR Community Services LTD is a leading not-for-profit organisation providing transport, aged care, and disability support services to the elderly, frail, and those with disabilities. We are proud to support members of our community enjoy a healthier, independent life. We are currently servicing Redlands, Ipswich and select suburbs in the Logan and Gold Coast areas.
What you'll be doing
As Roster Officer you will have experience in the Community Services industry demonstrating timely and effective resource allocation across service areas to deliver high quality support to clients in a manner that is reflective of STAR’s Community Services’ values of respect, dignity and empowerment. You will have a confident and friendly demeanour, strength, resilience, self-motivation and determination. You will also have a mature outlook, problem solving skills, an ability to listen and work respectfully and appropriately with people from diverse backgrounds. You are looking to work with a quality driven organisation with a strong client focus, putting the client at the centre of everything you do.
What the role involves (but not limited to):
- Allocate appropriate support workers with appropriate skills & knowledge according to STAR Community Services customers across all regions
- Ensure support worker planned and unplanned leave requests, training and meeting commitments are incorporated into roster in a timely manner
- Distribute unallocated shifts to support workers to promote available shifts to current staff
- Communicate roster changes to appropriate people in a timely manner
- Incorporate roster changes from customers and support staff in a timely manner
- Distribute support staff rosters in a timely manner
- Regularly liaise with coordinators, senior managers, payroll and business services
Benefits for joining STAR:
- Salary Packaging
- Being part of a culture that makes a daily difference in people's lives.
- The opportunity to work with an extended supportive team of passionate and dedicated professionals
- A chance to be part of one of Queensland’s most well respected and recognised non-profit organisations
- Exceptional support from a proactive management team.
- This position is a level 2.1 paying $29.12 per hour under the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010;
Key Selection Criteria:
- A proven track record in demonstrating high level of interpersonal communication skills and extensive experience in providing services directly to customers by way of effective resource management
- Rosters are efficiently planned via a rostering system in a cost-effective way, taking into consideration STAR Customer requirements and SCHCADS award & provided to support staff in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships ensuring a positive work environment, in a complex service delivery environment.
- Well-developed organisation time management and prioritisation skills with a proven track record of meeting deadlines within allocated timeframes while working independently and as part of a team.
- To apply for this role, email your letter of application, Key Selection Criteria & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: No more than 300 words per selection criteria is required and must be addressed before applications can be accepted.