Social programs and activities
Have You been on a STAR social charter? Please leave your feedback.
Choose from a range of social and lifestyle programs and activities with STAR.
Fighting social isolation and helping reduce the growing problem of loneliness has been a key focus of STAR.
Our Social programs and activities for seniors are designed to support you in exploring your hobbies and interests, build stronger, meaningful social connections and improve your overall wellbeing.
Whether it is maintaining physical health, enjoying the outdoors or building new social connections- we have a range of programs and activities for you to enjoy!
My Aged Care referral is required. STAR can assist with the process, please call us on 3821 6699 to join in. Open to people aged 65 and over or aged 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Conditions apply.
Fitness Program for Seniors
Stay on top of your health while enjoying a fun fitness session designed especially for those aged 65 and over.
STAR Fitness Program helps you maintain strength, mobility and stability. Each session is customised to suit your needs and support your health goals. The program is run by a fully qualified fitness instructor.
* This service is currently available in Redlands and Ipswich only. Please call STAR for 3821 6699 for more information.
Make the most of the outdoors. Come along to STAR’s full day social charters to interesting destinations and events.
STAR social charters offer a great opportunity for you to get away from your ‘ordinary day’ and enjoy a fun, social outing. Take a well-deserved break.
- Enjoy a fun, social trip to fantastic destinations like Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers, Whale Watching at North Stradbroke Island, and more.
- Enjoy the outdoors with full Day trips. Book in advance to avoid disappointment. Call STAR to find out more about cost, dates and venues.
- Call us to find out where we're going next.
- This service is available in select areas only. Please call STAR for more information.
For information on costs and bookings call 07 3821 6699.
1. Restrictions on numbers apply 2. Price and venue are subject to change. Please call STAR for more information. 3. Eligibility criteria apply. 4. Cancellation charges may apply. 5. Entry fee may apply at certain venues.
Weekly Lunch Club
Join STAR’s weekly Lunch Club.
Enjoy an outing with friends and like- minded people. Enjoy good food, great company, and fun conversations. Play a quick game of bingo or trivia!
Bring along old friends or make new ones. We will pick you up and drop you at home.
Available in Redlands and Ipswich.
Half Day Lunch Outings
If you enjoy eating out at great restaurants and cafes, join STAR's half day lunch outings.
- Approximate 4 hr trips
- Have a delicious lunch at a different venue each time
- Enjoy a fun, social outing with like minded people.
- Door to door transport.
Call STAR on 07 3821 6699 to book and for more information.
* Please note this service is currently available to Logan and Redlands residents. Eligibility criteria and availability conditions apply.
Easy Shopper Bus
Turn your weekly shopping trip into a social day out! Enjoy a coffee and chat with new friends from your local area. Sit back, relax and have a comfortable bus ride for a social shopping experience.
- Pick up and drop off at your door step
- Shop for approx 2-3 hrs
- We will assist you with heavy bags
- Easy access for trolleys and walkers
- Available in Redlands and Ipswich.