NDIS, Disability Support Services, Aged Care and Community Transport Services Provider.
STAR supports the elderly and people with disability to live independently, engage with the wider community and achieve their goals.
With the help of local community volunteers, we offer aged care and disability support services to ensure that the vulnerable members of our community can access affordable and reliable services such as transport, in-home help, companionship and more. We organise regular free information sessions to help people navigate the NDIS and Aged Care systems.
We are an advocate of inclusive communities where people of all ages and abilities have equal access to opportunities and facilities. We regularly organise programs and events to help reduce the growing problem of social isolation amongst the elderly and people with disabilities.
Click on links below to read more about STAR history, mission, vision, membership and view Annual Reports.
In 1996, the then Redlands Shire Council recognised that a large percentage of older people and people with disabilities in the Redlands did not have convenient and affordable transport services available to them. In response, the Special Transport Assistance Redlands Association Incorporated (STAR) was established.
With only ten drivers and three office staff, the aim of this community organisation was to provide a quality, affordable transport service to the local community.
Twenty years hence, STAR Community Services (previously STAR Community Transport) is now a leading not-for-profit organisation providing transport and quality care to help frail, aged and people with disabilities live a healthier, independent life.
- We provide transport and care services to more than 7866 community members, with the support of over 180 volunteers.
- We have a fleet of 60 vehicles including owner-driver vehicles, supporting those with limited private transport options.
- To date, we've made more than 1.4 million trips to help community members overall enjoy an independent life.
- Along with CODI transport in Ipswich, we are keeping our communities moving.
- Through Volunteering Redlands we support a vibrant and ever-growing community of 500 volunteers.
- Our ever-expanding list of services includes NDIS and Disability Support Services, a range of aged care services including community transport, Home Care Packages, In Home Companionship Care, Respite Care, Home Maintenance, Home modifications and seniors Wellbeing care.
- In addition to Redlands, we are now servicing select suburbs in Logan, Gold Coast and Ipswich.
- STAR won the IPSWICH DISTRICT COMMUNITY SAFETY CRIME PREVENTION AWARDS 2018, in the Community Engagement Category.
- STAR received the runner-up award for 2017 Community Transport of the Year, by CTO- the peak body of community transport in NSW and QLD.
- STAR Strategic Plan.
Our Mission Statement
We lead, facilitate, support, develop and deliver services within our community for our community.
Collaborative communities that enjoy diverse, sustainable and innovative service
View or download a copy of STAR Constitution.
Become a Member
Our members support our mission to provide services that improve the quality of life for everyone in our community.
Members are entitled to attend the STAR Annual General Meeting held on the second Saturday of September each year. Financial members also have the right to vote on matters affecting the future of the organisation.
How to Join?
You can join anytime simply by calling our office on 07 3821 6699. The membership year is from 1st July to 30th June. The annual cost of membership is $10 per person.