Join Our Team
STAR Community Services is an award-winning not-for-profit organisation providing NDIS, Aged Care and Community Transport services. We currently service Redlands, Ipswich, Logan, South Brisbane, Gold Coast and Darling Downs. At STAR, we value the needs of our clients. We strive to help elderly, disabled or frail people live healthy independent lives. We value individuals who want to create positive outcomes for people in your community. At STAR, we value our team and strive to make a positive working environment for all.
We are continually looking for highly motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with people. If you have experience working with elderly or disabled individuals and have a desire to make a difference, please review the following current vacancies:
Direct Care Support Worker
STAR Community Services is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated Direct Care Support Workers in South Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan and the Redlands. We are always looking for individuals who have a passion for working with people in the Aged Care or Disability Support sectors.
STAR Community services have the following requirements in place for this position,
- National Police check specific to unsupervised care of elderly and those with disabilities
- NDIS Worker Screening Check OR Yellow Card
- A current drivers licence
- A vehicle which is fully insured and registered
- Current First aid certificate
- CPR certificate
- At least hold a Certificate III in individual support OR Aged Care OR Disability Services Or equivalent qualification Or the willingness to obtain one within 12 months of employment, in which case we require proof of enrolment.
If you meet these requirements, you can forward your resume for consideration during next intake. If you are part of the shortlisted candidates, you’ll be contacted by us to complete a Phone Interview and commence recruitment process.
We have group intake according to client need. Our recruitment drive will be held on the below dates:
29th March 2021
28th June 2021
27th September 2021
31st January 2022
If you have an interest in connecting with people and supporting your local community, then please email Mplanas@starct.org.au with your resume and covering letter, explaining why you would like to work with STAR.