Aged Care Coffee Shop Assistant FL205
A local aged care facility is looking for volunteers to assist one to two days per week in their small coffee shop in the Thornlands.
The role includes serving customers (residents and local community members), taking and processing orders for food, coffee and counter consumables.
Full training and inductions are provided to all successful applicants, including Food Safety and on-the-job barista training.
- taking customers' orders for food, beverages and counter consumables
- preparation of food and hot beverages and service of same
- handling payments, operation of cash register and EFTPOS machine
- general cleaning and tidying in the kitchen and coffee shop precinct
- good communication skills and friendly attitude
Successful applicants must:
- complete a Criminal History Statutory Declaration
- undergo an Australian Federal Volunteer Police Check (organisation will assist with this)
- be 18 years of age or above
The coffee shop needs volunteers who are available to work one or more of the following shifts:
- Thursdays 8:30am – 2:00pm (5.5 hours)
- Fridays 8:30am – 2:00pm (5.5 hours)
- Saturdays 9:00am – 1:00pm (4 hours)
*All funds raised from the coffee shop is used for aged and community care services to assist those in need.*
*Centrelink approved volunteer role.
To express interest in this role please email a copy of your resume plus contact details for two referees to email@example.com.