Companionship Support Volunteers SCT261
STAR Community Services is seeking volunteers to provide companionship to seniors in their homes in Redlands and Ipswich regions.
The Companionship Support Program offers healthy social interaction to seniors, to help boost their mental and physical wellbeing, which assists them to continue to living independently.
We’re looking for volunteers to who can spend time with clients to:
- have coffee and chat
- read a book
- help with craft activities and hobbies such as gardening, knitting, sewing
- accompany our client on social visits and outings, such as to the movies, or to the library, cooking classes, yoga, hairdressing or other appointments
- simply spend some quality one on one time with a client.
Enjoy the satisfaction of supporting an elder to remain independent with a little help from you. This volunteer role offers flexible hours, and full training and support is provided to successful applicants. Join our Companionship Support Team for a rewarding volunteer experience, make new friends and experience the rich and diverse personalities of our senior residents.
All positions within STAR Community Services are required to undergo and maintain the below probity checks. STAR Community Services will assist successful applicants with these checks at no cost:
- Federal Police Check
- NDIS Workers' Screening Check (previously a Yellow Card)
- It is a requirement of the position to immediately notify your manager and office manager of any changes to your criminal history that will affect your probity status.
Other requirements successful applicants will need (or be prepared to get) include:
- current First aid and CPR qualifications
- current Driver's Licence
- current flu vaccination
- a sense of humour and patience!
*Centrelink approved activity.
If this position is of interest to you, please complete our online registration form and email your current resume (OR brief outline of your work history, skills and experience) and details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAR Community Services works with vulnerable people. We encourage our staff and volunteers to be vaccinated against COVID-19, to protect yourself, our clients and the community. If you have, or plan on getting vaccinated, please notify us.
A fact sheet is available to explain to you why STAR is seeking information on your COVID-19 vaccination status.