Join STAR as a Volunteer Driver or Owner Driver
We are seeking drivers to assist us with the increased demands of client transport services. Volunteer Drivers (Redlands and Ipswich) and Owner Drivers (Ipswich) are needed to assist with providing transportation services for our aged, frail and disabled community members.
Our organisation offers the standard ATO cents per km at .78c for owner drivers. For volunteers drivers, we reimburse $15 for ½ day (4 hours) or $30 or a full day (between 7-8 hrs) for any out of pocket expenses.
It is very important for our clients to ensure the highest possible level of safety and client service provided by our drivers.
For Owner Drivers:
- Vehicle requirement is a 4 door sedan/wagon under 10 years of age; suitable for the loading and unloading of seniors e.g. 4WD are not appropriate.
- Must have comprehensive and compulsory third party insurance applicable to the class of vehicle
While providing transport services, a driver must:
- Hold a prescribed licence for the appropriate class for the vehicle being used (open license only).
- Comply with all provisions of the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995 of Queensland.
- Have a 0.00% blood alcohol level while operating the vehicle. Comply with all relevant organisational policies and procedures.
- All successful volunteers must undertake a National Police check and NDIS Workers' Screening Check (previously a Yellow Card). We will assist successful applicants to obtain these at no cost to you.
Does this sound like you? If you can help please email Volunteering Redlands with your resume or brief outline of your work/life experience.
STAR Community Services works with vulnerable people. We encourage our staff and volunteers to be vaccinated against COVID-19, to protect yourself, our clients and the community. If you have, or plan on getting vaccinated, please notify us.
A fact sheet is available to explain to you why STAR is seeking information on your COVID-19 vaccination status.