STAR Tech Tutors SCT265
Can you help to assist our seniors to get connected in the Redland Bay region (including islands) and the Ipswich region?
STAR Community Services Tech Tutor program assists seniors to develop skills and confidence in using their smart phone or device.
Volunteers are needed to help tutor seniors in how to use their smart phone/device for basic activities, including how to:
• video chat with their loved ones
• do online research on personal interests, hobbies and activities
• access and enjoy news, books, videos and music online
• connect with like-minded people, build friendships and make new social connections
STAR Tech is a unique program which supports seniors in using digital technology via workshops, over the phone and in-home visits.
Volunteer hours vary and are flexible.
- good understanding of how to use smart phones/devices (don't need to be an IT person)
- trustworthy, reliable and caring
- possess patience and a sense of humour
- genuine interest in helping others
- able to recognise and respect the dignity, privacy, spiritual and cultural needs of clients
- have a caring compassionate nature
All applicants are required to obtain:
- a National Police Check
- a NDIS Workers' Screening Check (previously a Yellow Card)
STAR Community Services will assist successful applicants with these.
The program is run by STAR Community Services and supported by the Australian Government Department of Health through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme Innovation Funding.
Successful applicants will receive a full induction and training.
Interested? Forward your Expression of Interest, your current resume + details of two referees to email@example.com.
STAR Community Services works with vulnerable people. We encourage our staff and volunteers to be vaccinated against COVID-19, to protect yourself, our clients and the community. If you have, or plan on getting vaccinated, please notify us.
A fact sheet is available to explain to you why STAR is seeking information on your COVID-19 vaccination status.