Community Transport Program
Reliable, Affordable Transport for people under 65 years of age, not eligible for NDIS.
STAR is now extending its Community Transport service to people with disability or disadvantaged, who are not eligible for NDIS. The service is available in Redlands and Ipswich areas.
The service supports members of our community:
- To access their community and essential services;
- To participate socially and economically; and
- To maintain their independence
Community Transport Program Service Users must:
- Be under 65 years of age
- Experience transport disadvantage as a result of being:
- A person with a disability
- A person with a mental health condition
- A person with a chronic health condition
- A person who is financially disadvantaged and has limited access to affordable private or public transport
- An unpaid carer travelling in their role as a carer. An unpaid carer is not paid a wage or salary for care provided but may receive a carer payment or allowance
- Be unable to access appropriate transport through other funded/subsidised scheme.
Community transport can be provided on a one-to-one basis, in groups, or in aggregated arrangements.