Community transport for under 65s
Reliable, Affordable Transport under Community Transport Funding for people under 65 years of age, who are not eligible for NDIS.
STAR is now extending its Community Transport service to people with disability or disadvantaged, who are not eligible for NDIS. The service is available in Darling Downs, Redlands and Ipswich areas.
The service supports members of our community:
- To access their community and essential services;
- To participate socially and economically; and
- To maintain their independence.
Community Transport Program Service Users must:
- Be under 65 years of age
- Experience transport disadvantage as a result of being:
- A person with a disability
- A person with a mental health condition
- A person with a chronic health condition
- A person who is financially disadvantaged and has limited access to affordable private or public transport
- An unpaid carer travelling in their role as a carer. An unpaid carer is not paid a wage or salary for care provided but may receive a carer payment or allowance
- Be unable to access appropriate transport through other funded/subsidised scheme.
Community transport can be provided on a one-to-one basis, in groups, or in aggregated arrangements.
For more information, please call STAR on 07 3821 6699