The Cancer Council QLD Redlands Branch Committee are seeking new members
Cancer Council volunteers help to raise funds, among other activities, which go towards helping people whose lives have been affected by cancer. This means funding world-class research, prevention and support services across Australia, as well as helping patients both today and in the future.
The Redlands Branch are recruiting volunteers who can help in a variety of ways. For example, there are people who knit and crochet items for sale, volunteers who staff Cancer Council stalls at shopping centres, help with events, fundraising, social media and admin volunteers!
Volunteering opportunities are limited by you! You can help out with a variety of tasks/roles, including:
- join the Branch Committee
- be an active participant of the committee - assist in developing Branch strategy, plans and events
- attend monthly meetings
- be a team player
- helping with general administration
- good computer skills and previous admin experience is a bonus
- social media
- be able to use relevant technologies
- have a reasonable understanding of social media and assist the organisation to maintain and grow their online presence
- use your creativity to make eye catching & informative posts
- 'like', comment and interact with followers
- Good people skills - being able to engage with people from all walks of life
- Learning about the organisation and it's mission
- Being a team player
Successful volunteers must:
- be aged 18 or over
- able to volunteer between 2 and 6 hours per week
- become a Cancer Council Queensland member (free membership)
- complete an online induction course
- provide contact details for two referees
Successful volunteers will receive training and guidance.
If you are interested in finding more about becoming a volunteer or wish to apply for a volunteer role with the Cancer Council Queensland Redlands Branch please email email@example.com with your resume and two referee contact details.
The Cancer Council Queensland Redlands Branch are looking for volunteers for other roles too. Click here to learn more.
To be kept up to date with volunteering opportunities in the Redlands you can sign up here to our mailing list.