Volunteer Radio Communications Assistant
STAR Community Services is seeking Volunteer Radio Communications Assistants.
Successful applicants will work closely with our Radio Communications Officers.
Volunteer Radio Communications Assistants are responsible for:
- relaying communications to our drivers via two-way radio
- actioning of client transport variations as they happen
- updating daily schedules for drivers
- communicating with drivers
- driving vehicles to and form servicing
- conducting vehicle checks as required from time to time
- assisting schedulers when needed
You will help ensure that our transport program runs smoothly, ensuring our clients' transport needs are met and our drivers have up to date information when they are out on the road.
Volunteer Radio Communications Assistants liaise with drivers, clients and staff to guarantee that our clients arrive at and depart from appointments on time.
Our Radio Room operates 5 days a week and we need several volunteers who are able to work at least one day per week at our Cleveland office.
STAR believes volunteering shouldn't leave you out of pocket. STAR reimburses volunteers for daily out-of-pocket expenses - $15 for ½ day (4 hours) or $30 or a full day (between 7-8 hrs). This is a non-taxable reimbursement.
What skills/experience are needed for this role:
- demonstrated ability to manage a busy radio room (2way radio room training will be provided)
- good computer skills
- experience of software program RouteMatch - or ability to learn
- ability to think on your feet and be solutions focused
- ability to take directions and work well in a team
- strong customer service skills
All Star Community Services staff and volunteers are required to undertake:
- a National Police Check
- an NDIS workers' screening check
Star Community Services will assist successful applicants with the above checks at no cost to applicants.
Successful volunteers must be over 18 years of age and also have (or be prepared to have) a current Flu Vaccination.
Interested? Please complete our online registration form. And email email@example.com with your resume or a brief outline of your work history, skills & experience + plus contact details for two referees.
*Centrelink approved activity.