Volunteer Assistant to the Marketing Coordinator SCT211
Do you have some public relations and marketing experience? Are you interested in volunteering with a community organisation that supports the elderly and people with disability to live independently, engage with the wider community and achieve their goals.
This role will assist the Marketing Coordinator with a range of general marketing and promotional activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- administration tasks (including preparing and organising collateral for upcoming events/stalls)
- support in designing ads and flyers (training will be provided)
- updating the website (full training will be provided)
- assisting to create newsletters (digital and print)
- creating internal documents
- general and other duties as required
This role will suit a person with some experience/skills in marketing/PR, with some time to spare and would like to apply their skills in a voluntary capacity.
- two-three days a week (flexible)
- strong computer skills
- attention to detail
- Adobe suite and Canva experience preferred but not essential
- understanding and commitment to organisational vision and values
- well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders, including vulnerable clients with complex needs
- well developed organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- demonstrated ability to handle challenges that occur in an organisation driven by change and innovation
- willingness to undergo a National Police Check and NDIS Workers' Screening Check (organisation will assist with these)
Successful volunteers will also have (or be prepared to have) current Flu and COVID-19 vaccinations and be over 18 years of age.
We aim to recruit volunteers who are able to make a commitment to the organisation and in return we provide training and support, flexibility and a friendly supportive environment.
Interested? Please complete our online registration form. And email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume OR a brief outline of your work history, skills & experience + plus contact details for two referees.
*Centrelink approved activity.