NDIS, Disability Support Services and Aged Care services Provider.
In 1996, the then Redlands Shire Council recognised that a large percentage of older people and people with disabilities in the Redlands were transport disadvantaged. In response, the Special Transport Assistance Redlands Association Incorporated (STAR) was established.
With only ten drivers and three office staff, the aim of this community organisation was to provide a quality, affordable transport service to the local community.
Twenty years hence, STAR Community Services (previously STAR Community Transport) is now a leading not-for-profit organisation providing transport and quality care to help frail, aged and people with disabilities live a healthier, independent life.
- We provide transport and care services to more than 6500 Redlands residents, thanks to the support of over 150 STAR volunteers.
- We have a fleet of 60 vehicles including owner driver vehicles, providing quality community transport for the elderly and those with limited private transport options.
- To date, we've made more than 700,000 trips to help seniors visit their family and friends, do their shopping, go to medical appointments, and overall enjoy an independent life.
- Along with CODI transport in Ipswich, we have delivered more than 1.5 million services to support the elderly and those with disabilities.
- Through Volunteering Redlands we support a vibrant and ever growing community of 480 volunteers.
- Our ever expanding list of services includes NDIS and Disability Support Services, a range of aged care services including community transport, Home Care Packages, In Home Companionship Care, Respite Care, Home Maintenance, and seniors Wellbeing care.
- In addition to Redlands, we are now servicing select suburbs in Logan, Gold Coast and Ipswich.
Our Mission Statement
We lead, facilitate, support, develop and deliver services within our community for our community.
Collaborative communities that enjoy diverse, sustainable and innovative services.
Become a member
Our members support our mission to provide services that improve the quality of life for everyone in our community.
Members are entitled to attend the STAR Annual General Meeting held on the second Saturday of September each year. Financial members also have the right to vote on matters affecting the future of the organisation.
How to join?
You can join anytime simply by calling our office on 07 3821 6699. The membership year is from 1st July to 30th June. The annual cost of membership is $10 per person.