STAR Tech Program for Seniors
Feeling left behind in the digital world?
NOW is the best time to get online!
Why get online? Stay in touch with family and friends- chat, email, and make video calls; read news and books online; watch videos, listen to music; learn how to use myGov; browse the internet to research topics of interest, learn new skills; do online banking and shopping safely.
Join STAR Tech- a unique technology support program for seniors. Since 2019, STAR Tech has supported hundreds of seniors to get online and become safe and savvy users of technology.
When you join STAR Tech you get:
- A new Android tablet, for those who may not have a device
- Small group training for beginners to get started and for those who want to learn more.
- Exclusive invitation to monthly Tech and tea information sessions. These sessions feature guest speakers who will share important information and top tips on online safety, useful apps for seniors, connecting to your local library online, demystifying tech jargon, take great photos from your phone etc. Bring your own device and ask your tech questions. These sessions are exclusive to STAR Tech registered clients only.
How to register for STAR Tech?
- Ring My Aged Care on 1800 200 422
- Ask for a referral for “Social Support Individual (telephone/web)”
- Once you receive a referral code, you will be registered to attend STAR Tech.
OR call STAR for assistance with My Aged Care referral process.
If you have a Home Care Package, you can access the STAR Tech program through your package. Call STAR on 3821 6699 for more information.
- A one-off program service fee of $99 applies.
- Open to residents of Ipswich, Redlands including the Bay Islands; aged 65 and over or aged 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Conditions apply.
- Supported by the Australian Government Department of Health through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme Innovation Funding
Get more information about STAR Tech here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf8zuGhB7iw&feature=youtu.be
Call STAR on 3821 6699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org