STAR Companion Support Volunteers
STAR Community Services needs volunteers to provide companionship to seniors in their homes in Ipswich & Redlands regions.
The Companionship Support Program aims to offer healthy social interaction to seniors, to help boost their mental and physical wellbeing, which assists them to continue to live independently.
STAR is seeking volunteers to who can spend one on one time with clients to:
- have a cuppa and a chat
- read a book
- help with craft activities and hobbies such as gardening, knitting, sewing
- accompany our client on social visits, to the movies, or to the library, cooking classes, yoga etc, hairdressing or other appointments
- simply spend quality, one on one time with a client.
Enjoy the satisfaction of supporting an elder to remain independent with a little help from you. STAR offers volunteers:
- flexible hours.
- full training and support provided
- ATO rate of reimbursement for use of your vehicle.
Join STAR to make some new friends and experience the rich and diverse personalities of our senior residents.
All positions within STAR Community Services are required to undergo and maintain the below probity checks. STAR Community Services will assist successful applicants with these checks at no cost:
- National Police Check
- NDIS Workers' Screening Check
Other requirements include:
- current flu and COVID-19 vaccinations
- current First aid and CPR qualifications (STAR can assist with this)
- current Driver's Licence
- own or have access to a vehicle under 10 years of age with suitable access for seniors e.g. some 4WDs are not appropriate.
- must have comprehensive and compulsory third party insurance applicable to the class of vehicle.
- a sense of humour and patience!
We aim to recruit volunteers who are team players and are able to make at least a 3 month commitment to STAR. In return STAR provides training and support, flexibility and a friendly supportive environment.
Interested? Please complete our online registration form and email email@example.com with your resume OR a brief outline of your work history, skills & experience + plus contact details for two referees.
*Centrelink approved activity.