Mission to Seafarers Brisbane is looking for volunteers who like variety!
Mission to Seafarers (MTS) Brisbane is one of 27 MTS centres in Australia. MTS provide care and support to seafarers, who deal with many challenges and are far from home. MTS assist seafarers to connect with family, mentally and spiritually recharge and to access medical, welfare and chaplaincy services.
MTS Brisbane, located in the Port of Brisbane, is looking for new volunteers to join their warm and friendly team (seriously, they are really lovely) for one or more days per week, Monday to Friday.
This is a great volunteering opportunity for a volunteer who wants a role with variety. Tasks include (but may not be limited to):
- volunteering in the MTS retail store and assisting with the online store
- great customer service and people skills, including being able to socialise with seafarers
- sales, cash handling and operation of the point of sales system
- inventory and restocking
- mini-bus driving - taking seafarers to social and other engagements
- minor maintenance tasks such as gardening
- compassionate nature and ability to get along with people from everywhere (literally!)
- be available at least one day during the week
- great communication and organisational skills
- able to work well within a team
- retail experience is beneficial
- reasonable computer skills
- First aid and CPR is also beneficial
- Driver's Licence is preferred
This is a volunteer role that can be shaped to suit volunteers of all abilities.
Training will be provided to successful volunteers.
MTS is looking for volunteers who can support their Vision, Mission and values:
Mission - to provide social and spiritual support for the emotional wellbeing of all seafarers.
Vision - to be a relevant and proactive provider of services to meet today’s seafarers needs.
Values - MTS operate with integrity and commit to being:
If you would like to express interest in this volunteering opportunity, please email your resume (or brief outline of your background and work history) plus contact details for two referees to email@example.com.