North Stradbroke Island Aboriginal & Islanders Housing Co-op are seeking volunteers for several roles
North Stradbroke Island Aboriginal and Islanders Housing Co-op Society Ltd are seeking volunteers for several roles on Minjerribah.
- assist with craft activities and hobbies such as knitting, sewing, gardening etc. Suited to people who are crafty, and enjoy assisting others to learn a new skill and have spare time on Mondays from 9.30am to lunch time.
- held at Minjerriba Respite Centre
- accompanying clients on shopping excursions from Cleveland to Capalaba
- assist with Friday lunches at venues around Point Lookout, Dunwich and the Straddie Golf Club.
- having computer skills is helpful (but not a requirement)
- assist with mail outs
- answer phones
- other general admin tasks as needed.
These volunteer roles will suit people who have a kind and caring nature, are flexible and patient with others.
Hours will depend on which activity/activities you would like to do.
Successful volunteers will need:
- to be over 18
- live on/be able to travel to Minjerribah/Straddie
- have or obtain a current Flu and Covid-19 vaccinations
- have a National Police Check
Volunteers travelling from Cleveland will have their ferry tickets provided.