STAR Volunteer Tech Tutors needed in Redlands and Ipswich
We need your help to assist our seniors to get connected in the Redland Bay region (including the Bay Islands) and the Ipswich area.
STAR Tech Tutor Volunteers help teach the elderly how to use their smart device or phone for basic activities, including how to:
- video chat with their loved ones
- do online research on personal interests, hobbies and activities
- access and enjoy news, books, videos and music online
- connect with like-minded people, build friendships and make new social connections
STAR Tech is a unique program which supports seniors in using digital technology in their everyday lives. STAR Tech volunteers will support participants to learn basic internet skills via workshops, phone/video calls and home visits. Check out our video to learn more.
Volunteers are expected to commit up to 6 hrs a week to support participants in workshops, via phone calls or home visits.
- good understanding of how to use smart devices (don't need to be an IT person)
- trustworthy, reliable and caring
- possess patience
- sense of humour
- genuine interest in helping others
- able to recognise and respect the dignity, privacy, spiritual and cultural needs of clients
- have a caring compassionate nature
- be 18 or older
All applicants are required to have (or be prepared to get):
- a National Police Check
- a NDIS Workers' Screening Check
- current Flu and COVID-19 vaccinations
STAR Community Services will assist successful successful applicants with the above checks.
The program is run by STAR Community Services and supported by the Australian Government Department of Health through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme Innovation Funding.
Please note we aim to recruit volunteers who are able to make a commitment to the organisation. In return STAR provides training and support, flexibility and a friendly supportive environment.
Interested? Please complete our online registration form. And email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume OR a brief outline of your work history, skills & experience + plus contact details for two referees.