Volunteer Leisure Guide
Life Stream Australia ’s Leisure and Holiday Program provides opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities to participate in community based recreational activities, in a safe and supported environment. Their range of programs are not only fun, but are designed to develop skills, enhance self-esteem, build confidence and provide opportunities to make new friendships.
As a Life Stream Volunteer, you will be making a real difference to the lives of people with an intellectual disability by enabling our members to live engaged, active and healthy lifestyles. As a volunteer you will assist our members to access a wide range of opportunities and experiences from Group Leisure & Holiday to our School Sports & Community programs. It is the role of the volunteer to encourage and support Life Stream participants in our programs, whilst providing a safe, fun and rewarding environment for all involved.
The range of programs and activities Life Stream Australia offers to participants is diverse and constantly evolving. As a Life Stream Volunteer, you have a range of options available to you including the flexibility and freedom to choose specific volunteer roles and programs. Volunteering is based on your personal circumstances, availability, preferences and program requirements.
What do you need to do to become a Volunteer Leisure Guide?
- no previous experience is required - training, info and support is provide. Successful volunteers are matched and placed with experienced volunteers who will mentor and support you, alongside the Service Coordinator.
- a passion to assist people with an intellectual disability
- you will need to be over 18 years of age
- have current Covid-19 vaccinations
- have or obtain a National Police Check
- NDIS Worker's Screening Check
- have or willing to complete First Aid and CPR
Life Stream Australia will assist with the above requirements.
Programs run every Friday through to Sunday - you can volunteer one day or more per weekend/fortnight/month - you decide how frequently you volunteer.
*This is a Centrelink approved activity.